NTIP Policy - Ministry Revisions
The Ministry is planning revisions of its NTIP policy to include more new teachers and extend the access Period and is conducting discussions to expand the NTIP program.
The proposal includes:
- A change to the NTIP funding allocation model within the annual $15M budget to include more beginning teachers including an increase the base funding to boards from $20,000 to $50,000 which will allow smaller boards to hire part-time coordinators.
- Expansion of support elements of the NTIP to second-year teachers (permanent, beginning teacher LTO, and beginning full-time continuing education
- Encouragement of Boards to include their beginning full-time continuing education teachers in the support elements of the NTIP
- Beginning LTO teachers and beginning full-time continuing education teachers may, in consultation with their principal, request an appraisal for feedback and/or reference purposes
- Ministry monitoring of the implementation of the NTIP and its expenditures
Once discussions with the unions, principal and board associations are completed the Ministry will communicate the policy changes to boards.
For more information: Dave Walpole, Director of Program Policy, ext.125, or Webmaster