What we do
The mission of the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association is to promote and enhance public education by:
- helping member boards to fulfill their mandates;
- developing effective partnerships with other groups interested in public education; and
- providing a strong and effective voice on behalf of public education in Ontario.
Excellence in education is achieved by:
- promoting high standards of individual achievement;
- providing the understanding and basic skills required for active, compassionate participation in the life of the family, the community, the province, the nation, and a global society;
- cultivating a love of learning;
- recognizing the value of diversity among learners and communities; and
- exploring creative educational alternatives.
To maintain excellence, the public school system must be accountable to the communities it serves and work to fulfill its mandate through building strong community partnerships.
Local, democratically-elected school boards play a key role in ensuring that schools remain responsive to both provincial and local needs and resources.