The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, in partnership with FoodShare Toronto, is once again presenting its Royal Winter Fair High School Chef Competition for Ontario high schools. Schools are invited to submit recipes that meet the following criteria:
- Feature local, seasonal Ontario produce
- Work as an easy, fast food option for high school cafeterias
- Meet the Province of Ontario’s School Nutrition Standards (PPM-150)
- Demonstrate creativity and culinary prowess
- Reflect Ontario’s culinary diversity
- Look, taste and smell delicious
Send recipes, including an original photo of your creations, to email@example.com.The deadline for submission is October 21 at 5 p.m.
Three finalist schools will be announced on October 28 and they will receive a $300 travel subsidy to attend the Royal Winter Fair for the live cook-off to be held November 8 from 12 to 2 p.m.
For more information, email Brooke Ziebell, Field to Table Schools Senior Coordinator.