Ontario’s future depends on parents, teachers, principals, supervisory officers, educational workers and an electorate that cares about our education system. On Monday, October 27th, municipal and school board elections will be held throughout the province. In every town, city and region, voters will choose school trustees for 72 school boards.
That’s why the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association and the Ontario Catholic School Trustees’ Association — along with L’Association des conseils scolaires des écoles publiques de l’Ontario and L’Association franco-ontarienne des conseils scolaires catholiques – have come together to create a unique new website that profiles school board trustee candidates in all 72 school boards across the province.
The site is unique because for the first time, the public can easily access information about trustee candidates based on where they live and what school board they support. This will help voters make informed choices on Election Day.
The comprehensive website, elections.ontarioschooltrustees.org, also features:
- Brand new videos promoting the role of trustees and school board elections
- Downloadable guides on Running for School Board Trustee or Hosting an All Candidates Meeting
- Printable posters for download to promote the election
- Information on school boards and the public education system in Ontario
- Backgrounders on trustee responsibilities, becoming a trustee, time commitments, election finances, key dates and candidate FAQs
- Details on why, how, when and where to vote
School board trustees are the only democratically elected individuals responsible for the education of Ontario’s children. The project’s goal is to help Ontarians understand what trustees do, promote school board elections and encourage new candidates to run.
School board elections will be held province-wide simultaneously with Ontario’s municipal elections on October 27, 2014. To learn more, visit elections.ontarioschooltrustees.org. Get yourself into the picture.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications
Ontario Public School Boards’ Association
(416) 340-2540, ext. 111