The Legislative Assembly of Ontario returns February 19, 2019. Following is an update on legislation that OPSBA is monitoring and other recent items.
Hiring Practices and Class Size ConsultationsEarlier this week, OPSBA provided the Ministry of Education with a submission for regulation consultation on Hiring Practices (Ontario Regulation 274/12) and Class Size (Ontario Regulation 132/12). Our submission was based on feedback after consulting with member boards via their trustees (at the Public Education Symposium session), HR leads (senior negotiators), the Association’s Labour Relations Steering Committee, senior staff input and past commentary. The consultation deadline is February 22, 2019.
- February 15, 2019: News Release – EQAO Welcomes Dr. Cameron Montgomery, Chair of Its Board of Directors
- February 6, 2019: News Release – Ontario Takes Decisive Action to Help More Families with Autism
- February 4, 2019: B04 Memo – Technical Details for the Release of EPO Funding to Support Executive Compensation
- February 1, 2019: B05 Memo – CUPE Violence Prevention Training
- EQAO Memo – Invitation to School Board Trustees – EQAO Web Conferences – information about three upcoming web conferences to be held on March 18, March 19 and March 20, 2019. Registration deadline is March 8, 2019.