The Legislative Assembly of Ontario remains on summer recess and resumes on October 28, 2019.
OPSBA sent the following submissions to government regulatory postings.
- Proposed Regulations re Enhancing Municipal Road Safety through Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE). These proposed regulations will allow municipalities to introduce photo radar in school zone and community safety zones. Our submission supported increased measures to improve road safety and our request for local municipalities and school boards to discuss the neighbourhood issue together. The submission is posted on our website and was shared via Twitter and Instagram.
- Proposed Regulations re Education Development Charges (EDCs) and Notice by School Boards Prior to Acquiring Land. Our submission focussed on our continued advocacy for an increase in the charges to cover the actual costs of sites and the flexibility to support boards experiencing areas of growth. The submission is posted on our website and was shared via Twitter and Instagram.
OPSBA Federal Election Resource Guide for School Boards and Trustees
During federal elections, OPSBA advocates for non-partisan strategies to engage politicians on issues that affect public education and our children and youth. OPSBA sent letters to the main parties asking questions about key education-related topics contained in the Guide. The Guide and the letters are available on a dedicated webpage, The 2019 Federal Election.
- September 30, 2019 News Release, Ontario Making Education More Accessible for Students
- September 27, 2019 News Release, Ontario Backs New Community School in Meaford
- September 26, 2019 Memo SB18, 2018-19 Student Transportation Report
- September 24, 2019 Memo SB17, Remaining Service Life Review