Terms of Award
- The award is presented annually at OPSBA’s Fall Northern Regional Meeting, with recognition to be given at the following year’s AGM.
- The recipient of the award must be an active or retired trustee of a member board of the Association.
- The award will be presented on the basis of recognition of dedication, commitment and outstanding contribution to education in Ontario. Service to or on behalf of Public Education in the Districts of Northern Ontario at board, regional an provincial levels will receive special recognition.
- Trustees currently serving on the OPSBA Board of Directors will be ineligible for nomination while a Member of the Board.
- All nominations must be received no later than June 10, 2021.
- Refer to Nomination Information Checklist on the reverse for more details.
Nomination Information Checklist
To create a complete submission package outlining the candidate’s accomplishments, please ensure they meet the award criteria and include the following information.
Dedication, commitment and an outstanding contribution to education with special recognition for Northern Ontario service. Trustees are ineligible for nomination while serving as a member of the OPSBA Board of Directors.
Nominations submissions deadline: June 10, 2021
Judging Committee: OPSBA Northern Regional Directors.
An information summary in point form of Record of Service, as a complete profile of the candidate.
Aspects of career, community service, and personal accomplishments may be included here.
Supporting Nominators List
A separate list of Supporting Nominators.
Three or more references required from Supporting Nominators, outlining the outstanding contribution to education that this trustee has made.
Nominators are encouraged to get board support for the candidate.
Trustee Accomplishments List
A detailed account of the nominee’s accomplishments as a public school trustee.
List and briefly describe all accomplishments that specifically relate to:
- Outstanding contribution to education in the Province of Ontario, and
- Service to public education at board, regional and provincial levels in Northern Ontario.
Any additional information which illustrates the influence of the candidate in the field of education. Media clippings, etc. may be included. Audio visual information is inadmissible.
|2017||Wanda McQueen||Algoma District School Board|
|2016||Lori Lukinuk||Lakehead District School Board|
|2014||Howard Archibald||District School Board Ontario North East|
|2012||Trudy Tuchenhagen||Lakehead District School Board|
|2011||William (Bill) Hall||Algoma District School Board|
|2010||Armand Giguere||Caramat District School Area Board|
|2009||Eunice Saari||Near North District School Board|
|2008||Bill Mokomela||Lakehead District School Board|
|2007||Gord McBride||Rainy River District School Board|
|2005||Alan McLean||Algoma District School Board|
|2004||Bill Dawes||Keewatin-Patricia District School Board|
|2003||Doreen Dewar||Rainbow District School Board|
|2002||Wayne Pickard||Algoma District School Board|
|2000||Lynn Peterson||Lakehead District School Board|
|1999||Frances Sewards||the former Sault Ste. Marie Board of Education|
|1998||Lyn McLeod||Lakehead District School Board|
|1997||Vicki Kett||Sudbury Board of Education|
|Juergen Leukert||Timiskaming Board of Education|
|1996||Ernie Checkeris||Sudbury Board of Education|
|1995||Paula Dunning||Central Algoma Board of Education|
|Dorothy Wright||Timiskaming Board of Education|
|1994||Allan Jones||Nipigon Red-Rock Board of Education|
|1993||Bert Johnson||Upsala District School Board|
|1992||Basil Merchant||Kapuskasing Board of Education|
|1991||Jack Switzer||Atikokan Board of Education|
|1990||Edna Kidd||Kenora Board of Education|
|Marilyn Rowe||Muskoka Board of Education|
|1989||Dora Taylor Logan||West Parry Sound Board of Education|
|1988||Kay Forsyth||Kapuskasing Board of Education|
|1987||Mary Anne Misner||Dryden Board of Education|
|1986||David Doney||Nipissing Board of Education|
|1985||Harold Crowder||Sault Ste. Marie Board of Education|