On March 11, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. EST, trustees from across the country are invited to attend an interesting and informative virtual panel discussion with Indigenous leaders on building strategic relationships. Indigenous leaders will share how organizations and school boards can build authentic connections that support all students. The panelists are:
- Mary Culbertson – Treaty Commissioner for Saskatchewan
- Colleen Macpherson – Board Chair of Saskatoon Public School Division
- John Chenoweth – Trustee in Nicola-Smililkameen School District
Discussion topics include:
- Making connections: How to use those relationships to support achievement for all students, specifically Indigenous students What can organizations/school boards do to allow voice to come through?
- Relationships: who do we talk to? What are the strategic partnerships? How do we build strategic partnerships with Indigenous leaders?
- Connections between teachers and Indigenous Communities. Connections at the governance level – between school boards/trustees and Indigenous communities. Just do it!! Reach out and don’t be afraid.
- Why do we have trouble making connections?
For more information, visit the CSBA website.