The Ontario Public School Boards’ Association is proud to be hosting the 2019 Canadian School Boards Association (CSBA) Congress and the National Trustees Gathering on Indigenous Education (NTGIE) from July 3 to 7 in Toronto.
National Trustees Gathering on Indigenous Education (NTGIE)
July 3 and 4, 2019
2019 OPSBA AGM and Program, concurrent with Canadian School Boards Association (CSBA) Congress 2019
July 4 to 6, 2019
The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
1 Harbour Square, Toronto, M5J 1A6
2019 CSBA Congress: Leading Today with a Vision for Tomorrow
CSBA Congress is the leading national professional development event for the school board sector in Canada and OPSBA has built a program inspired by the outstanding work of school boards across the country. OPSBA’s AGM is being run concurrently with CSBA Congress in 2019. At OPSBA’s AGM, OPSBA members determine priorities and directions for the coming year, elect officers and plan for the future.
Keynote and plenary speakers for the NTGIE and Congress include:
- National Chief Perry Bellegarde, Assembly of First Nations
- Dr. Gabor Maté, renowned specialist on addiction, depression and child development
- Susan Dion, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Indigenous Education and Research, York University
- Malcolm Saulis, Indigenous Scholar/Elder, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Valérie Chort, Vice President, Corporate Citizenship and Executive Director, RBC Foundation, Royal Bank of Canada
- Brian Woodland, communications consultant
The preferred hotel rate is $239 (single/double accommodation) or $269 (triple). Please contact the hotel directly for reservations.
Book online OR
Telephone: 1-888-627-8559 (reservations centre) before June 10, 2019. Please quote the group name – Canadian School Boards Association (or CSBA) Congress OR the group code “CF30AA” to receive the special group rate. After this deadline, rooms will be available on a space-available basis only.
For more information and documents for OPSBA’s AGM, click here.