The Public Education Symposium (PES) is the premier professional development symposium, specifically designed for school boards, offering dynamic sessions on topics directly affecting the role of trustee and the broader environment within which school boards operate. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PES this year will be held as a virtual event on Thursday, January 28.
This year PES is being offered free of charge!
Minister of Education Stephen Lecce will be speaking in the afternoon and Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, will be providing a provincial update on COVID-19. Stimulating, thought-provoking sessions on the topics of the day have been planned, just a sample of which are:
- Deconstructing Systemic Racism
- Lands-based Education and Indigenous Ways of Knowing
- Students’ Perspective: Racism and a Global Pandemic
- How to Engage your Local Community
- Reframing Governance: Human Rights, Equity, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression in the Board Room and Beyond
Registration information is available by emailing Susan Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.