At the Annual General Meeting, OPSBA members determine priorities and directions for the coming year, elect officers and plan for the future. This event also includes a comprehensive professional development program for trustees.
2018 AGM and Program
May 31 to June 3, 2018
Marriott on the Falls
6755 Fallsview Boulevard
Niagara Falls, L2G 3W7
Keynote addresses, panels and presentations include:
- Ann Lopez, Associate Professor, OISE – Teaching, Leading and Learning in Ontario: Diversity as a Strength of Public Education
- Carol Campbell, Associate Professor, OISE – Review and Evaluation of EQAO’s Assessment Findings
- Peter Gamwell, Former Supervisory Officer, Ottawa-Carleton DSB – The Wonder Wall: Leading Creative Schools and Organizations in an Age of Complexity
- OPSBA’s interim research report on FSL will be presented and followed by a panel discussion on French Immersion
- A variety of 10-minute presentations on innovative and successful practices from school boards across Ontario
- A pre-Collective Bargaining feedback session
Preferred hotel rate: $199 plus taxes (single/double – City view); $219 plus taxes (single/double – Falls
Telephone: 1-877-353-2557 (Reservations – toll free) before Friday, May 11, 2018. Please quote “Ontario Public School Boards’ Association Conference” in order to receive the preferred rate. After this deadline, rooms will be available on a space-available basis only.